Most mothers want to breastfeed their babies. In Australia 96% of new mothers initiate breastfeeding, the rates drop dramatically, at 3 months 39% are still exclusively breastfeeding. We all need to support and help woman reach their breastfeeding goals.
Here are some tips for new mums:
- Consider expressing antenatally
2. Be informed about how babies grow
3. Check out what is fact and what is fiction
4. Read about the science of breastfeeding
5. Use trusted websites to ensure accurate information
Every new mum and baby are individual, if you want breastfeeding help or know someone that does share my contact details