- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is less common in breastfed babies
- Obesity is less common among individuals who were breastfed
- Breastfed babies have higher IQs
- Allergy risks are reduced
- Breastfed babies have better eyesight
In 2002-3 93.5% of babies left hospital breastfeeding. In the 60s and 70s this percentage was only 40-45%. What an improvement!
Breastfeeding for the World
Promoting breastfeeding helps our world!
Besides the obvious health benefits to the human population, there are also economic and environmental reasons to support breastfeeding.
Breastmilk costs less to produce than formula and produces no waste. It has no negative impact upon nature… because it is part of nature!